Hosea Cease ; The connection between the Diaspora in Daniel 9:26-27, and that spoken of in Hosea, refers to that desolation and consequent Diaspora of 70 AD——-the destruction brought about by the Roman Prince Titus and the Syrian wing of the Roman Army causing the Jewish people to remain in dispersion till the prophesied “times of the Gentiles” should come to an end.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
- Diaspora begins
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
- Christ confirms the existing covenant made with Abraham that in Abraham’s seed, all the nations would be blessed
- Desolations are determined until the Times of the Gentiles have ended
4 For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim:
- The Temple would be destroyed [70 AD] and all Temple worship ceased
5 Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days.
- Israel would be redeemed in the LATTER DAYS—–when they see him whom they have pierced
6:1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
- From the desolation to the redemption of Israel
2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
- after two millennial days—-he will revive Israel and Israel will live in his sight—–
- In the millennial Reign of Messiah
3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.
- Rest and blessing for Israel for one thousand years—–then eternity