WHO SHALL FLEE—-AND FROM WHERE ?
Who shall flee? and from where? —Revelation 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
- Babylon has been filled with heathen mystical religion, astrology, and pagan cults.
3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
- What nation has made the nations of the earth RICH through the abundance of her fine merchandise ?
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
- FIFTY MILLION KILLINGS of unborn children. More than Hitler, Stalin, and Pol Pot together.
- God commands his people to FLEE from her for her destruction is at hand.
6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
- What nation on earth says; “I SIT AS A QUEEN AND SHALL SEE NO HARM” ?
8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,
10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.
- What instrument of war can bring such destruction “IN ONE HOUR”?
11 And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:
12 The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,
- What IMPORT nation’s FALL could cause a worldwide CHAIN REACTION that would bring financial CHAOS to ALL the EXPORT NATIONS of all the earth?
- What nation’s commerce influences ALL THE OTHER NATIONS OF THE EARTH ?
13 And cinnamon, and odors, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.
- What great nation is most acclaimed for it’s history in SLAVERY ?
14 And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.
15 The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,
- What great MERCHANT NATION would bring weeping and wailing to the worlds’ great EXPORTERS?
- What great HORROR would cause the sea merchants of the earth to FEAR her torment?
16 And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!
17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,
18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!
19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.
- What nation could cause all the merchants of the earth such mourning ?
20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.
21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;
- What nation on earth contains the greatest arts and musicians in the history of mankind—-The New York symphony, Carnegie Hall, the Philadelphia Philharmonic, the San Francisco Symphony, the Great Art Galleries, Broadway, the Motion Picture Industry and on and on endlessly ?
23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.
- What nation has so deceived the world with her sorceries?
- What nation has the GREATEST MERCHANTS in the history of mankind?
24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
- All the worlds’ murders, and martyrdoms of the ages are rolled forward and placed into the bosom of this great whore !
Before one dismisses the obvious candidate for this Nation, one must find ANOTHER and BETTER candidate. There are NONE. This “GREAT CITY” must exist IN THE LAST DAYS and BEFORE the rise of the Beast [Rev.17:16-18] and [Rev 14:6-12]. There is only ONE and sadly, that NATION is my home and my country—-The United States of America. Her Statue of Liberty is an image of that great whore of pagan mythology. They call her “Liberty” because her religion was that of SEXUAL LICENSE and has nothing to do with political liberty or any other such noble endeavor. Babylon has MURDERED 50,000,000 unborn babies. Her Churches have reached the point of apostasy. She is that city called LAODACEA in the New Testament. If you doubt—-then it is ones’ responsibility to discover another because the Saints of God are COMMANDED to FLEE from her. So I must ask all who are serious about God’s Word. “WHO SHALL FLEE, AND FROM WHERE ?” Danny McDowell